The organization that received grants participated under the following directions:
- women’s economic empowerment.
- visualizing issues acute for women and girls.
- woman and environment
The projects that received financing in the first stage of this year competition:
- Supporting development of micro-entrepreneurship among rural women with low income. Association for the promotion of women’s entrepreneurship (Vinnytsia)
- Developing innovative mechanisms in overcoming gender discrimination at the labor market. Women’s Perspectives West-Ukrainian Center (Lviv)
- Project model for strengthening, sustainable development and financial independence of women’s groups. “Peace, Beauty, Culture” Association (Kherson, Kyiv)
- Preventing neglect and delinquency among minor girls in Gomel region. Gomel Regional Center for Social and Psychological Support (Gomel, Belarus)
- Right to live. Woman’s Health and Family Planning Charitable fund (Kyiv)
- Creative start for women’s initiatives in Crimean villages. Koz Aidyn Resource and Information Women’s Center (Topoli village, Bakhchysaray county, the Crimea)
- Women’s week in the museum. Podillya Center for Social technologies, Vinnytsia regional NGO (Vinnytsia)
- Old Volyn Ball – a step to creative self-realization for women and girls. Svitlytsia pani Oksany, women's branch of Stara Volyn Sustainable Development Fund, Khmelnytskiy Regional NGO (Hrytsiv, Khmelnytskiy region)
- Girls’ World – a cycle of TV performances on regional TV stations of Ukraine. YUNKA Girls’ Club, Lviv City NGO (Lviv).
- Revealing problems of violence against women and forming social consciousness. Rural Social Initiative (Moldova, Yalovenskiy region, Bardar)
During the meeting the representatives of organizations that received the Fund’s financial support had opportunity to:
get to know about different directions of work, the Fund’s programs, their goals, peculiarities, how they are connected with each other, and how women’s organizations can make use of these programs;
tell about their organizations activities, present the projects they are going to realize;
receive information and put questions about the procedures of drawing and submitting reports to the UWF during and after the project realization, providing information about the project
That convinced us again that such meetings are useful for both parties. For the Fund’s staff it is the opportunity to get acquainted closer with people they are going to cooperate, get to know about practices and trends of developing women’s movement in the regions.
The meeting participants had opportunity to get acquainted not only with peculiarities of work and requirements of the Fund, but also to meet the other organizations working in similar directions, which will help them establish further cooperation, initiate and realize joint ideas and projects, share information, etc.
We remind the deadline for the second stage of this year competition is September 20, 2006. The competition includes the following directions:
- Sustainable development of women’s NGOs
- Practices of implementing institutional mechanisms for ensuring gender equality
- Visualizing issues acute for women and girls